martedì 10 aprile 2007

SHELLEY SCRIVE: "NEGLI STATI UNITI LA MEDIA E' DI 8-10 LAVORI A TESTA NEL CORSO DELLA VITA"


Shelley, una ragazza americana di cui ho già parlato in un precedente post, mi ha scritto questa lettera sul lavoro negli Stati Uniti:
"Angela, I liked your blog, I am going to try and read it more often so I can practice my Italian. I think it is an interesting topic because it is a completely different situation in the US".
LICENZIAMENTI FACILI
"I am thinking that companies in the US have more freedom in how they set up contracts and what can be used as a legitimate excuse to fire someone. Both of my sisters work for Monsanto and receive wonderful pay and benefits and they have pretty good job security. But if they are not accomplishing their job, which is in their contract, they can be fired! The company must have legitimate cause to fire someone (other than if they are in economic trouble, ex. auto manufacturers and airlines in the US), but it is easy for them to say they simply weren't accomplishing their job. Most people will not sue, because it isn't worth the time or money to fight a company with hundreds of lawyers and all the time in the world. For example, my sister's bosses had no warning (other than they knew they weren't accomplishing their goal) and one Friday afternoon the security guards came in with pink slips(letters of termination) and walked them out of their office. The following Monday their stuff was packed up by someone and mailed to their homes".
INSEGNANTI PIU' TUTELATI
"The only job that I can think of that has a tenure system that makes it hard to get fired is a teacher. After teaching in the same school for a few years a teacher receives tenure, which can be difficult to get, but once a teacher is tenured it is almost impossible to fire them. It is hard to fire a teacher because it is almost impossible to track the abilities of a teacher, because maybe it is the students that are stupid and the teacher is not to blame".
UNA MEDIA DI 8-10 LAVORI A TESTA
"I think if you look at statistics in the US the average person will have around 8-10 jobs in a lifetime. I looked for a legitimate site to quote this from, but I gave up, the web is so loaded with crap it is hard to get actual legitimate sources. It is part of the American culture not to have job security as much as it is part of yours to have tenure. I don't know if it is good or bad, but it does drive people to actually work at their job and accomplish the goals the company sets forth for them. Which can't be bad. Well, I sort of went on a rant...hehe".

Nessun commento:

Google